Friday, July 8, 2011

i'm cute! seriously!


Well it's about time; someone has finally recognized my cuteness.  Su at Cheekyness gave me the honor.  I love Su's witty sense of humor and her reflections on various topics.  Her post re: this award is hilarious and definitely worth your time.  Thank you, Su!


This award asks you to list (yeah!) five books, movies, or TV shows you've enjoyed in past 12 months and to pass the award on to other bloggers.  I can't even remember what I did last week, much less 12-ish months ago, but I'm pretty sure I've seen/read:

Harry Potter and the...next-to-last one.  My brother and I have seen all of these movies together - I love this tradition of ours.  Would someone please make Ender's Game?  And don't screw it up!

I'm racking my brain...all my stuff's packed up and I'm coming up with nothing here.  Hang on...

Modern Family - the funniest, smartest show on television. Period.

So You Think You Can Dance - I came late to this party.  I thought it was yet another amateur night talent show with diamonds in the rough revealed 10 weeks or so into the season.  Dummy.  These dancers are good, as are the choreographers.  I love watching this show.

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.  Technically this is a children's novel.  I'm reading it to see if any of my students would enjoy it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  This is the book with the line I quoted a couple of posts down about the girl wearing "her own personal fog bank."  (A very poufy dress, as seen by an eleven-year-old boy.)

ASVAB for Dummies by Rod Powers.  I don't know what "ASVAB" stands for.  I could look it up, but I'm too lazy.  It's the military entrance exam; I'm helping my cousin prepare for it.  Don't worry - he doesn't need my help with the spatial/mechanical part of the test.



I've chosen five blogs to pass this award to:

Letters from the Past - my friend Jennifer's grandmother passed away recently.  When Jennifer and her family cleaned out her grandmother's house, they discovered an old scrapbook hidden behind the dresser.  In the scrapbook were 365 letters that Jennifer's grandfather had written to her grandmother over the course of a year.  Jennifer will be posting these letters on this blog.  How can you resist?

Danielle at Yeah, I said it. has a witty, funny, insightful blog that I love to read.  When I discovered I found even her comments on mundane issues riveting (okay, interesting), I knew I was hooked!

Ada at Of Woods and Words writes of living in rural - real rural - Minnesota with compassion and insight.  I have to pace myself when reading her blog; otherwise I'd be packing up my stuff all over again and heading north.

It's OK to be WEIRD! - I liked this blog as soon as I read the title.  Raylene celebrates life and weirdness in a way that makes me glad to be weird, too.

Karen's Thotful Spot - Karen also writes with perception and love and always makes me think.  And she likes Pooh, too!

Thank you again, Su, for this award!

7 comments:

  1. absolutely love that photo ~ Love animals anyway and some people ~ lol ~ enjoy the day ~ ^_^
    PS ~ and all that info about you is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerri! A heart-felt 'Thank you' for the award!! You totally made my day (really, my week! No,month! No,year!! it was that special to me!) I don't know how to download (upload? reload?) the award picture-thing onto my blog. I am so untechie it is scary. I actually write my blog entries out on paper before I post them. Well,I am going to try to figure it all out because I am so excited you picked my blog as one of your five! And I am looking forward to reading your blog now! I know I'm going to enjoy it because I love-love-love your quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww cute pic.
    Great post.
    Thanks.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! Goodness knows I had way too much fun writing it. That dog really is unbearably cute, but I totally think he (or she) adds to your sophistication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being recognized:) Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks for the award! You ARE seriously cute! I especially love your grandpa stories.

    ReplyDelete