Sunday, August 28, 2011

monday mayhem

Join Us for Monday Mayhem

It's time for Monday Mahem...

"Today we are focusing on crummy weather. Answer each question as you feel and don't forget...have fun!"


1. What city, in your opinion, has the crummiest weather?
Over the weekend, those in the path of Hurricane Irene.


2. What kind of weather is the crummiest weather that your current home experiences?
NON-STOP 100-SOMETHING-DEGREE DAYS ALL SUMMER!!!  Whew, I feel better now.


3. When the weather alerts and alarms go off, what do you do?
Our alerts usually come in the spring and warn of tornadoes.  I turn on the news, look outside, and go outside, if there's nothing too close by, to see what I can see.  If there is something close by, I gather flashlight, radio, and loved ones in the bathroom with me.


4. What is the crummiest weather event that you have personally ever experienced?
The 1971 earthquake in the San Fernando Valley area of CA.  I was only 2 years old at the time and I don't remember it, but I do remember a recurring dream I had afterwards of all the pots and pans in the kitchen flying in a circle in the room.


5. Where would you rather be stuck for a month- somewhere where there is 20 inches of snow and below freezing temps or somewhere where it is painfully hot and humid?
Snow!  I hate being hot and sweaty!


6. What kind of weather keeps you indoors?
My favorite - thunderstorms.


7. Tell us the name of one famous person and the kind of weather you would wish upon them.
Abraham Lincoln - I'm guessing he enjoyed rain as much as I do.


8. If you were the official ruler of all weather, what kind of weather would you make happen?
Definitely a variety, but I'd make fall last at least 6 months.


9. What kinds of weather do you dread?
One more minute of 100+ degree heat with humidity.


10. What's your weather like today?
See multiple whinings above.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking we're done with those triple digits although, I do hear it's gonna hit 95 on Friday.

    Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete