Wednesday, February 16, 2011

rough start, made it fun

Whoo-ee it's been an interesting morning!  I usually don't work on Wednesdays, but today am working at 8:00 a.m., so set alarm for 6:30 so I could swim first.  My body reacted automatically but bumblingly to the alarm and morning routine, while my brain acted more like a college stoner:  "Whuh?  Why are we up?  Why are we MOVING, dude?"  I dropped the soap, put the wrong key in the car door, forgot my swim towel and shoes, and got to the Y with only 15 minutes to swim.  Today's just my 2nd day back in the swimming game after a few years, so I decided to just have fun today and remind myself what I love about being in the water.  I swam, glided, floated, and treaded with mindfulness, allowing myself to relax and be attuned to the water and my body moving in it.  Every time I thought the overhead lights looked a lot like cinnamon rolls, I brought my focus back to the water.  It was a delightful time, a gift that I want to remember on the next morning I wake up and just want to roll back over.  This is a lifestyle that is good and healthy, not a chore or a task at which I often fail.  My swim time today did not go as planned, which ended up being a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment