Saturday, February 12, 2011

"swimming pigs"

I recently heard about the Couch-to-5K program for running.  It sounds great, and I've heard several positive comments.  But my knees and I prefer swimming, so it finally occurred to me to see if there were any similar programs for swimming.  I was able to Google "short-sheeting a bed" once, so I was pretty confident I'd find a swimming program.  I think I will try the one I found at http://ruthkazez.com/Zeroto1milePreamble/pre-zero.html.  There is a link from that page to Zero to 700 (yards), where I found what I hope will be the kick-in-the-pants inspiration I need to get my tail into the pool:



Later:  Oooh - the 0-700 program says, "Swim any stroke at all, disregarding technique."  I can do that!  "As soon as you feel like stopping, flop over and do any kind of backstroke."  Wait - I'm good at flopping, but what if the backstroke is my stroke?  All I've got is that and something between dog-paddling and the front crawl, keeping my head out of the water.  For some reason that reminds me of a picture I saw recently...

Later later:  Oh shoot - I have to shave my legs.  That's going to set me back at least a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment