Friday, May 21, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 21

When you were a child, how did you keep your house warm?
When I was a child we kept our house warm by a big coal or wood burning stove.

Who was the President when you were born?
Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) was president when I was born.

At what age did you first vote and for whom did you cast your first Presidential vote?
When I was 21 years old I voted for the first time for President.  It was Alfred Landon I think.

Did you ever see a President or a Vice-President in person?
Yes I have seen a President in person.  He was Gerald Ford.  President Ford was in Wichita Ks. and I heard him speak.  It was between 1974-1977.

Did you ever make a purchase that you later regretted?
I don't remember any special purchase that I regretted making but I am sure that I did.

If you had a watch, tell about it.
Yes I had a pocket watch when I was 6 years old.  Refer to Jan. 4th.  (Part 1)

Do you have an Armistice Day memory?
When I was growing up I heard my folks talk about Armistice Day.  They were referring to World War I.

What was your most prized possession as a child?
The most prized possession I had as a child was a teddy bear.

Do you have a story about standing up against odds for something you really believed in?
I don't have a story really against odds.  But I was a Ford man and the other person was a Chevy man and we would really argue.

Tell about the best birthday present you ever received.
The best birthday present that I received was when I was 10 years old.  I got a tool chest with some tools in it.

Did you ever chew tobacco?
No, I am thankful that I never chewed tobacco.

Tell about someone who had a big influence over your life.
When I was growing up, my Dad had a big influence on my life.  I really looked up to him.

What were you doing when John F. Kennedy was assassinated?
I was working at Beech Aircraft when Kennedy was assassinated.  I remember it so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment