Wednesday, January 5, 2011

fun with Benjamin and Maddie

My niece and nephew (and their mom and dad) visited for Christmas.  We all had a great visit, which included:

How to properly eat a birthday cake (don't tell my "stupid little brother" that he was right all along...).

One of my favorite things about being an auntie is getting the kids started on something then leaning back and watching what happens next.  (And looking like I had nothing to do with the whole thing.)


Delicious!


Hanging out next to Grandpa/Old Papa (and getting a much-needed nap).


(I didn't want to wake Maddie up, so I kept myself entertained with "here is the church, here is the steeple...."  Not really.)

Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie never fail to delight us. I like how Maddie's holding onto my hair in this one.



Twister's still fun!  Maddie and I are arguing about dibs on a particular blue dot.



And that's what happens when you argue with me about blue Twister dots.


Who knew there were so many ways to interpret left hand blue, left foot blue, right foot yellow?  I think Benjamin's showing some Saturday Night Fever potential here - you're just waiting for him to spin around, cock a hip, throw up an arm, and point.

And the biggest hit of the holiday?


Yep, bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment