Monday, April 4, 2011

feeeelings, whoa whoa whoa feeeelings...

I've discovered evidence that may prove that most males' discomfort with talking about their (or anyone else's) feelings is ingrained into their DNA.  One day, at the end of a visit with my friend Ben, who was 3 at the time, I held him and looked into his eyes and told him I loved him and loved spending time with him.  Immediately, a look of yikes/ewww/I gotta' get out of here came over Ben's face, and he shrank away from me and changed the subject back to Legos.

Then one day I took his older brother Sam, age 7, to school, and as we walked toward the building together I told him I really enjoyed the days I took him to school and the time we spent time together.  Sam responded, "Brr, it's cold out here."

That's okay, boys.  As long as you guys still talk to me when you're teenagers, I can deal with it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment