Saturday, April 24, 2010

what to expect next... 12/09/09

Today I told my first-graders about my birthday next week (I'm (almost) as childish as they are about birthdays). Somebody said something about getting older, and I said, "But I'm already old. (I turned 41.) What happens then?"  "You die."  "Oh.  Well.  I'm not THAT old.  I'd hate to die on my birthday."  "You'll just pass out."


The driver's side door lock froze today, so this a.m. I had to crawl in from the passenger side. Naturally, I was wearing my nice, long trenchcoat and my car was full of teaching stuff, so I have no idea what I looked like trying to get in position without crushing anything. When I got to school I was able to exit the normal way, but during the day the lock froze up again. As I was climbing in this time, I got stuck between the steering wheel, gear shift, seat, and who knows what else. Then I was laughing too hard to get any leverage so I just sat there all twisted up and awkward for several seconds. Finally I was able to put 'er in reverse and try again.  Sigh.  Do you ever get the feeling that God's just up there pushing buttons and saying, "Let's see what this one does. Heh heh heh....."

1 comment: