Sunday, July 25, 2010

choosing life 7/25/10

Okay, I think it's time to consciously choose life again for a while.  The weather's been terribly hot lately, but I will set goals to walk the dogs early and spend some time working on the yard and cleaning out the boys' pool today at a more reasonable hour.  It's been a while since I've done any of those things.

Had a wonderful time playing in the pool with my nephew, niece, and sis-in-law on Wednesday.  After a while, sis and niece went back inside, and nephew and I kept playing - we were out about 2 1/2 hours total - it was great!  He's 6 now ("almost 7"), and I was so thankful for the time to get to know him better.  At one point, he said something like, "This is nice, just the two of us," and I couldn't have agreed more.  Got a blister on my toe from pulling him around the pool with a swim noodle, but it was worth it, and a Woody bandaid made it all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment