Sunday, May 15, 2011

charming grandpa

Grandpa charmed the socks off another person yesterday.  A substitute nurse came by to check his vitals and ask some routine questions.  I wasn't in the room, but I could hear Grandpa yakkin' (his word) away....  As she left, the nurse said, "He's so sweet!"  He sure is.  Usually.

After the nurse left, Grandpa kept fussing with the blanket on his lap, which had been moved during her visit.  I adjusted it, found the Kleenex he keeps hidden under it, and handed it to him.  He still kept fussing with the blanket.  "Is everything okay?" I asked.  "Oh, yes, this is just messy and I don't want it to bother your father," he said.  The blanket was bunched up a bit and not lying perfectly straight (it has a plaid pattern; the stripes were crooked!).  I think I've mentioned before that we have a slight streak of particularity (particularness?) in our family.  Wait...in our family we have a slight streak...hang on, a slight streak of particularity runs....  Oh well.  "Yeah right!"  I said.  "I think it's bothering someone else!" and I tapped him on the chest.  He laughed and shook his head.  Give it up, Grandpa; I know all your secrets now!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, my grandpa was sweet too. I'm jealous that you don't get cussed out like I do. My grandma cusses like a sailor! LOL

    ReplyDelete