You know it's not going to be one of your better days when:
- on the way to your car, you drop your pants. No, no, the extra pair you're carrying. And did I mention it's raining outside, so they get all wet? And that they're dressy pants, not roll-around-on-the-dirty-wet-driveway-pants?
- at the gas station the wind is so high it blows your gas cap off your car trunk while you're in the store getting comfort food.
- as you look high and low for your gas cap, a note you're holding onto blows out of your hand. Why you were carrying the note in the first place, since you didn't need it to get gas, is a mystery. But it's your lucky day, and the note doesn't blow away because a big, wet puddle catches it. Yay, wet note with smeared reminders.
- you find your gas cap under the car, and you pull up a bit so you can retrieve it. As you bend over, a large pickup truck pulls in behind you and nearly rear-ends you, literally.
- you get kicked out of an online group because you didn't quite play by the rules. Yeah, I know, it was a consequence I that I chose to risk, but it still makes me cranky.
- your grandfather finishes his lunch and bangs his cup on the TV tray, yelling, "I'm done!" then, when you don't budge in the next second (I swear only a second passed) he bangs the cup harder, "I'M DONE!!!"