I've seen two sets of rules that accompany this award. This set of rules asks me to tell you 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 15 recently-discovered bloggers. Let's talk about me first:
1. Today I found a badge that said "Blogging without Giveahootery." I love that concept - not getting caught up in how many followers, page views, etc. etc. you have. It's wonderful to be able to write freely and let readers come to you as they may.
2. I don't know if I have 15 recently-discovered bloggers; we're about to find out. But in addition to bloggers I've found some great blogging groups and websites, so I'll cheat a bit if I have to. See? There I go breaking the rules again.
3. I will probably be moving this fall or winter. I don't know where or when, and I don't give a hoot! (I mean I'm at peace with not knowing.)
4...I'm drawing a blank. Happens a lot.
5. I like beads.
6. I'm re-learning algebra for a student I'm tutoring, and I love it.
7. i.e., I'm a geek.
Fifteen sites and briefly why - in no particular order:
1. http://myyearofhugs.com/ - what would happen if we tried this?
2. http://www.theturnipfarmer.com/ - lovely art, insight, and humor
3. http://kyliesconversations.blogspot.com/ - I'm intrigued by her writing and interests
4. http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/ - wonderful, whimsical art and comments
5. http://www.returntorural.com/ - again, her writing and interests drew me in
6. http://mypeacefulvalley.blogspot.com/ - she pays attention - watch out for Mama Bear!
7. http://livingmontessorinow.com/ - I love the Montessori way of teaching - great info. here
8. http://creativeclutter-mel.blogspot.com/ - art, humor, insight
9. http://ropcorn.com/ - reflections on her life in Sweden - you must see her bee close-ups!
10. http://outofclutter365photo.blogspot.com/ - so like me and in some ways so different - stretches my perspective
11. http://www.wynniebee.com/ - I enjoy her blog hops, group blogging activities, and blog tips
12. http://www.mommyalwayswrites.com/ - I love her writing style, photography, and art - (the fact that she's my cousin has nothing to do with this!)
13. http://thedreheradventure.blogspot.com/ - another cousin, who takes WONDERFUL professional photos
14. http://www.ashleysisk.com/ - I love the photo scavenger hunt!
15. http://liferearranged.com/2011/05/instafriday-2/ - another fun photo activity!
Spend some time on these sites - they're worth it!