Thursday, June 16, 2011

oh bother...

Ugh. It's another Eeyore day.  Actually, it's gloomier than that.  I hate feeling this way.  The corners of my mouth sag.  My eyes are dull.  I don't want to do anything.  And when I do something anyway, I am only half-focused and completely apathetic.  I can't concentrate, I can't remember, I can't enjoy the things I know are good, such as this morning's sunrise, Grandpa, or having enough food and shelter.   
I pray.  I take medicine and hope it works.  I wait for the black cloud to lift.  I wait. 

If you got out of bed today, give thanks.
If you took a shower without a second thought, give thanks.
If you can write a sentence in under 20 minutes, give thanks.
If you have a desire for anything, give thanks.

And if you don't...give thanks. Often.  If you're having an Eeyore day too, let's ride this out together.  Even though we don't feel hope, let's not give up on it.  We are still blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Want to play poohsticks? With all the rain, I'm sure we can find a "river" somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there kerri..days like this do suck....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day won't be the greatest, but most of them can be pretty darn good if we let them. Thankfulness is a positive state of mind that can change us for the better and help make the world a better place.

    Thank you for passing on the blessings.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder, Kerri. I know the feeling when everything feels like such a huge effort. Hope you are feeling less 'Eeyore' today. Big virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so understand those days. I now have a way I can explain it to my children, though. Thank you for that. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete