I've discovered I enjoy group blogging activities. At least I do now (I just started). ProJect 52 is the creation of Karen Peterson http://www.apeekatkarensworld.com/ and Jennee Thompson http://www.jenneethompson.com/ and involves setting, reaching, and recording progress on goals you set for yourself for 2011. AND it involves making a list! Woo hoo!
The "52" has to do with - oh shoot, you guessed it - setting a goal for every week of the year. Thankfully, Karen and Jennee are flexible on this, because life already moves at the speed of light for me, and it's not because I'm that busy, either. It's because I can really be an airhead sometimes. Adding a goal a week would just blow a fuse, and it's already April anyway, so here are my 30 goals:
1. Finish what I start, including the A to Z Challenge and Project 52
2. Jump off a diving board for the first time (once there's water in the pool)
3. Eat lunch with my cousin (whose name begins with J - I'm such a multi-tasker) "regularly" (we originally said monthly, but we just had our January lunch last week)
4. Learn more about the blogging world and writing a good blog
5. Balance blogging with the rest of life (!)
6. Replace diet pop with water (no set amount - I'm not that dumb)
7. Lose any number of pounds - this goal-setting is easy!
8. Okay, okay - swim 3 times a week at least 4 times this year
9. Read a book with my eyes (I love books, but I've gotten hooked on audio books and haven't actually read one in a while.)
10. Make a list - ta da!
11. See/hear my cousin Matt play in his band Carrie Nation and the Speakeasy http://www.carrienationandthespeakeasy.com/ - I've already done the "hear" part because they were on the radio the other night. Matt plays the banjo really fast. And he's self-taught. I'm still in awe.
12. Write a handwritten letter to R. and send it by snail mail
13. Cook for myself and my housemates (aunt & uncle, sometimes cousin too) at the same time at least once - that's all they'll let me do
14. Begin (again) a "regular" habit of doing yoga's Sun Salutation in the morning
15. Explore the new walking trails they're making in town
16. Spend "quality" (you can define that for yourself) time reading the blogs I've bookmarked to spend more time with later
17. Play hard with my niece and nephew every time they're in town
18. Get rid of more stuff
19. Finish making my (Orthodox) prayer beads - and use them
20. Support a family for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas to the best of my ability
21. Learn something about gardening
22. Keep eating well and avoid fast food more
23. Improve natural sleep patterns
24. Learn to do the front crawl with my face in the water and swim 50 yards without stopping
25. Check my progress on these goals regularly
26. Be thankful always
27. Love others
28. Learn to count