Saturday, April 30, 2011

yeah baby!

Pam at radical ramblings and thoughts of a southern girl has given me The Versatile Blogger award!  I love the picture - was very tempted to copy and paste it onto my blog a while ago just because it's pretty, but I controlled myself.  This means a lot coming from Pam because I enjoy her blog so much and just know if we met we wouldn't shut up for a week.  Someday...


Okay, you got me - I also wanted this award for egotistical reasons.  I'm trying to get over it.  In the meantime, I'm absolutely giddy.  The award comes with some rules:

1.  Winners- Put the above image in your blog.  Legitimately done - woo hoo!

2.  Include a link back to the person who gave it to you.  That's Pam up there at radical ramblings...

3.  Tell 10 things about yourself  Ick - if you read this blog regularly you probably know too much.  Here's some stuff you may not know:

- I graduated from college after 11 years and 5 universities
- my initials are the same as my dad's - I love that
- my 6th (?) cousin was Robert Wadlow, in Guinness and Ripley's as the tallest man ever, 'though he's got some competition
- in 4th grade I almost beat out a 6th-grader in the school spelling bee, but "gesture" was my downfall
- I love children's books and I only pretend it's just because I'm a teacher/tutor
- I am secretly married to Johnny Depp - even he doesn't know it
- I've only owned 2 cars so far: a Tercel I had for 11 years, and my current car, also 11 years (and would someone please come total it so I can get a Land Rover?!)
- I am addicted to pop - or soda - whatever you call it where you are - Coke is my favorite, but I've gotta' watch the calories, so Diet Dr. Pepper is my alternate 1st choice
- I am also currently addicted to the Tetris demo on my phone
- the decade of 2000-2009 (the aughts) has seriously messed with my ability to accurately recall how long ago anything happened - I did well in math in school, but now when I count back to a particular event I always leave those years out - don't tell the kid I will soon be tutoring in math as well as reading - what he doesn't know won't hurt him - hey, I should put that on my business cards...


4.  Award 3 other bloggers
I'm going to see if I can find 3 that I really like that haven't been given this award yet.  This will be difficult, because I have exquisite taste.

Okay; I stongly suspect at least one of the following has been given this award - can't imagine him/her without it, but I found no evidence of it on their sites, so here goes:

I first visited Rita's blog, http://surrenderdorothy.typepad.com/, because I liked the title, and I love the picture at the top.  Then I read her blog and now I can't stop.  Read her recent posts about her daughter and the Easter Bunny.

"oldegg" at Robin's Nest:  http://basketrange.blogspot.com/ is another person I'd enjoy meeting.  He's thoughtful, insightful, and funny.

http://www.ironiccatholic.com/ - ironic, insightful, funny - what's not to love?

I enjoy Sherri's perspective of life and the way she writes about it at Messy Mind: http://www.sherristakes.com/

Honorable mention goes to the blog that I'd award this to first, but based on her FAQ page I think if I did she'd hunt me down and do something terrible.  This woman makes me laugh until I cry - in a good way.

Hmm.  That looks like 5 blogs, not 3.  Oh well; I haven't crossed off "learn to count" from my Project 52 list yet.

5. Contact the bloggers you awarded and let them know they won.   I'm off!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kerri,

    I was most touched to receive your nomination for the Versatile Writers award. Sadly I will be unable to participate as I consider that comments from readers alone are reward enough. I am so pleased you have commented regularly on my work and I applaud you too for your own versatility and I love your cartoons.

    Robin (Old Egg)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! I recently won this award, too - my first one! Such a great feeling isn't it?!

    ~Sillyna511 following from Swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone in your love for children's books. I can't tell you how many times I've told my husband that I needed a certain book for my classroom library, simply so I can read it again and again!

    ReplyDelete