Friday, June 11, 2010

call us...on second thought, don't...

Had an interview this week for a part-time job - working to make ends meet until I'm tutoring full-time (or whatever else happens).  Won't give too many details, but when I heard that most of the work was out of town and involved carpooling, I quickly lost interest.  You have to pay me more than $8.00/hour to ride with you for long, unless I really, really like you.  And I have to sit in front or else I get car sick.  Real car sick.  At the end of the interview, they gave me a business card and said call this # Friday a.m. to see if you got the job.  Today I called, got their general line, pressed "9" for the employee directory, and typed in the name of the guy on the card.  They had no record of anyone by that name.  Well, I've been known to make mistakes in the past, so I tried again, just in case.  No guy.  So I left a message on their general voice mail - no operator, either.  I haven't heard back yet.  I guess I'd better cancel my order for black rubber-soled shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment