Tuesday, June 1, 2010

misc. pics


This is Grandpa, me, and a cow standing in front of the 8-sided barn Grandpa's Great-Grandpa built in Iowa in the 1880's, I believe.  The barn was up for over 100 years.




This is me, Grandpa, and his parents at their house. Grandpa says I am mad because Great-Grandma called me a "little girl." I informed her that I was a "big girl." (I have the same expression Oliver has in the sidebar, don't I?)



This innocent-looking picture is of my nephew, Benjamin, playing Wii bowling with Nama (my Mom).



And this is Nama (top row of scores) wiping the floor with Benjamin, getting 5 strikes in a row (it's called a "Turkey," in case you've never been there yourself) with another strike and a couple of spares in previous frames.  Her final score was over 250.  She claims 265.  This is why you never play games with Nama.  She starts out sweet and quiet and then comes out of nowhere and slays you, like a lioness.  After the game, Mom said, "We need to raise the skill level on this thing."  I had bowled an 86 just before her game.




This is what "Papa" looks like if your 3-ish feet tall, like, say, my niece Maddie.


And this is Benjamin, Maddie, and I doing I-don't-remember-what, but I do know I'm loving it.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done.

    We'll have to teach Maddie to say "RAWR" (which she loves doing) every time we mention Nama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see the resemblance between Oliver and you (I mean between your expressions).
    Janet

    ReplyDelete