Tuesday, June 29, 2010

fun with grandpa 06/29/10

Yesterday Grandpa had lunch later than usual, due to a morning full of visitors, which he loved.  After the last one left, I pretended to forget his lunch,"Well!  What a morning!  You must be tired.  Are you ready to have your feet up now?"  His eyes got big as he looked at me and said, "What about lunch?"  The problem with that joke is that I forget things so often he can't tell if I'm joking or not.  So today, 10 minutes before lunchtime, he looked at the clock and tapped his watch and looked at me and said, "It's about lunchtime."  I got the hint.

After lunch, I asked him if he wanted dessert.  Grandpa is a huge vanilla ice cream fan.  He said, "Have you heard of this thing they have now, called ice cream?"  I said, "No, I'm not familiar with that."  "Go look in the freezer and it'll say "Ice Cream"," he said.  I went to the freezer, my back to Grandpa, and when I opened the door, he softly called, "Ice cream!"  I laughed and brought him a freezer bag that said "HAM" instead, and he laughed, too.

Grandpa said he saw an ad for "Leave it to Beaver" on "DVB."  I'm going to assume he means DVD, not BVDs, and look in the appropriate section.

No comments:

Post a Comment