Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 18

Tell about a favorite doll, teddy bear, or other stuffed toy.
I had a teddy bear when I was about 2 1/2 years old, it was a brown teddy bear.


Tell about another favorite toy.
My other favorite toy was a toy hand gun, when the trigger was pulled it would shoot out harmless sparks.  There was a flint in the gun which made the sparks.  It was fun to shoot it in the nighttime.

Did you have to abide by a curfew as a youth?
No I didn't need to abide by a curfew when I was a youth.

(August 25)  If you ever had a hero, tell who.  Tell why.
Yes I had a hero.  His name was Harold.  He was about 15 years older than me.  When he would visit me and my brothers and sister, he would tell us stories and spend time with us.  We all thought that he was great, and he was.

Describe how you used the phone to call a friend.
When I was at home in the country, our phone was an old style that was fastened to the wall.  One long ring (by turning the crank) would get central, then ask her to ring my friend whose number was 8 on 3.  8 would be 1 long ring and 3 short rings.

Did you ever have a fire in your home or accidentally catch something on fire?
No I never had a fire when I lived at home, but after I left home and moved to Wichita my folks' home burned to the ground.  My folks lost a lot of valuable things and keepsakes.

Tell about an incident when you were very angry with your mom or dad.
I can't think of any incident that I was really angry with my Mom or Dad.

Tell about an incident when your mom or dad was very angry with you.
When I was growing up there was an incident that my Dad was really upset with me.  It was something I should not have done.  But things worked out.

Share a memory involving an outhouse.
I lived in the country and our house had no indoor plumbing so we had to use the outhouse.

Do you remember any Labor Day traditions of your youth?
When I was a youth I don't remember any Labor Day traditions.  I suppose there was tho' in the towns close by.

Do you have a memory involving V.J. Day?
The memory I have of VJ Day is that I was in the U.S.A. navy.

What do you remember about your first day of school?
I really remember my first day of school, my Dad took me to school and carried me in the schoolhouse and set me by a desk in the very first row.

Tell about a school bully.
The school bully in our school was a big guy.  But one day my brother and two other kids jumped him and held him to the ground.  I think that sort of cured him.

What do you remember doing at recess?
At recess we would go outside and play different games.

Tell about the playground equipment at your grade school.
In my first 5 years in grade school we didn't have any playground equipment, then our family moved to a different farm so we went to a different school.  In the last three years in that school we had swings and a big slide.

Tell about who you thought was the smartest kid in school and why.
There was a girl in my class and I thought that she was the smartest kid in school.  She got good grades and she was on the honor roll.

Tell about who you thought was the dumbest kid in school and why.
This kid I thought about wasn't the dumbest, but school was hard for him and he was one of my friends.

Tell about the naughtiest kid in school.
I can't think of any kid that was the naughtiest, but I think that most kids in grade school are full of mischief.

Name the schools that you went to.
Rapp School, High Prairie School

Name the teachers you remember.
1.
2.
3.  Miss Burr
4.  Miss Nelson
5.  Miss Ray
6.  Miss Tornguist
7.  Miss Linburg
8.  Miss Abbot

Describe your typical school day outfit.
My typical school day outfit was bib denim overalls, blue denim long sleeve shirt and shoes that laced above the ankles.

If you were ever in a fight, tell about it.
I can't remember if I was ever in a real fight, but I am sure that between my two brothers and one sister we must (have) had small fights.

Tell about your worst report card.
I don't remember my worst report card, but I do remember my last report card which said that I passed my eighth grade exams.

If you ever had a hero, tell who.
If you check back on August 25th it tells of my hero.

Tell why.
Check on August 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment