Thursday, May 20, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 20

Relate a story about a mouse in the house.
I don't remember about any particular story about a mouse in the house, but we did catch mice in small traps.

Share a memory about a bat in the house.
We never did have a bat in the house, but I enjoyed watching them fly about in the evening hours.

How did you get to and from school?
We walked to and from school, except in bad weather.  The first grade school I went to was 1 mile and 1/2 to school.  The second school was only across our front yard to school.

Tell about pulling or losing a baby tooth.
One time I had a loose baby tooth and I was afraid to pull it as I was afraid it would hurt, so my Dad tied a piece of thread around it and jerked it out, it didn't hurt a bit.

Where did the clothes you wore come from?
The clothes that I wore came from a clothing store in Essex, Iowa.  Then I wore some that came from a clothing store from Red Oak, Iowa.  Then I wore a grey suit that I bought in Clarinda, Iowa.

Share a favorite fall memory.
In the fall, I like(d) to get up early and go outside and enjoy the weather, when it wasn't too hot or too cold.

Did you ever pick apples?
Yes I have picked apples.  I really enjoyed a good apple that was picked from the tree.

What is the farthest (or fastest) you ever ran or walked?
The fast(est) that I ran was, one time that my brother and another man was in a Model A Ford.  When the man was driving I ran by the side of the car.  I think it was maybe 10 miles per hour.

Tell a story about a time when you dressed up in a costume.
The time that I dressed up in a costume, was one Christmas I was Santa Claus in a country school program.

Share a memory about being very scared.
I remember one time when it was dark a neighbor man grabbed me and I was scared.

What did people do at Halloween?
In the neighborhood where I lived there were not any trick or treaters.  We didn't do much of anything special.

Do you have a special Halloween memory?
The special Halloween memory I have is that I made a jack-o-lantern out of a pumpkin.

Did you ever tell ghost stories?
I suppose that we did tell ghost stories when my two brothers and sister were together.

What is the strangest thing you ever saw in the sky?
When I was about 6 years old I was in the barnyard and my brother came running out of the barn and we saw a dirigible in the sky.  It went overhead right over our farm.  That was quite a sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment