Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 9

What bones have you broken and how?
I have been very fortunate.  I have not had a broken bone to this day.  I'm 78 years old.

Did you ever need stitches?
The only time I had stitches was when I had an appendectomy.  I was a teenager then.

Do you have any other good stories about being injured?
No I don't have any good stories about being injured.  I was very fortunate about not being injured much.

Tell of a childhood illness.
The childhood illness I had was called yellow jaundice, also I have had the measles.  I don't remember if I had the chicken pox or not.

Tell about an experience at the doctor's.
When I was a teenager I went to the doctor and it was my appendix, then I had an operation.

Name your best school chums.
My best school chum was a guy by the name of Ray.  Our school was crowded with students so Ray and I sat together in a seat that was room for two students.  Sometimes we would laugh between us instead of studying.  Those were good school days.  We lived on our dad's farm, so we were together during vacation time.

What were some crazy names or nicknames in your school?
In our country school I can't recall any of the students having crazy names or nicknames.  In our school there were approximately 20 students.  From 1st grade thru 8th grade.

Tell about a practical joke or prank you played on a person.
I can't remember if I played a joke or prank on one certain person, but I'm sure I did as my friends said that I was the ornery one.

Tell about a practical joke or prank someone played on you.
One night I seen a car stop on the road by our place.  A knock was heard on our back door.  I opened it and our neighbor grabbed me.  Boy I got scared.  That was a prank that was played on me.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a carpenter.  When I was 10 years old (on my 10th birthday) I got a tool box of carpenter tools, of which I still have some to this day.

Have you ever hunted, or tried to capture a wild animal?
I have hunted rabbit and pheasant.  I have not tried to capture a wild animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment