Friday, May 21, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 22

Tell about Thanksgiving traditions of your youth.
In my youth the Thanksgiving traditions were to go to church on Thanksgiving morning for an hour or so.  Then have dinner as a family.

What foods were on your Thanksgiving table?
At our home we most always had roast chicken, potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, fruit and dessert, pie I think.

Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory.
My favorite Thanksgiving memory is that my family were invited to my cousin's home for the noon meal.  We had roast turkey.  It was the first time that I had tasted turkey.  It was good.

Do you have any ice skating memories to share?
I didn't go ice skating any but I have a memory of my oldest brother when he went skating on a pond and the ice broke and he went down in the water up to his neck.  A friend of his got him out and he was O.K.

What hobbies or collections did you have as a youth?
When I was a youth I liked to collect keys.

Did your Mom or Dad have a favorite remedy for what ailed you?
Yes my Mom & Dad had a favorite remedy for me and it was sort of a medicine I think it was called castoria.  It wasn't a very bad tasting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment