Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 2

Tell a family nickname that you had.
The family nickname I had was Glennie.  I didn't like it at all, so I wasn't called it very long.

Tell of any other nicknames in your family.
My brother Elroy was called "Ely."  My brother Delbert was called "Deb."  These nicknames of us three brothers was called at home, not in public, or with our friends.  Viola was called "Vi."

What did your father do for a living?
My father was a farmer all his life.  Before he started farming he worked in his brother's drug store in Clarinda, Iowa.  He was 18 years old then.  He worked in the drug store a year or so.  Then he farmed the rest of his life.

Name the towns you lived in before you were 20.
I lived in the country all the years before I was 20.

Tell a fond memory of your Grandpa.
My Grandpa died before I was born.

Tell a fond memory of your Grandma.
The fond memory of my Grandma was that she could only talk in the Swedish language.

Tell about a favorite Aunt.
My favorite aunt was Aunt Alice.  She lived to be 99 years old.  Died the spring of 1995.  Aunt Alice was my mother's younger sister.

Tell about a favorite Uncle.
My uncle Oscar was a carpenter.  When I was growing up I wanted to be a carpenter also.  My uncle Oscar was my mother's younger brother.

Did any relatives ever live with you?
No we didn't have any relatives living with us.  Come to think about it, we did have an uncle that stayed with us, once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment