Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 8

Do you have a good story about yourself cussing?
I am glad to say that I and my family did not use cuss words.
(I really wanted to skip that one...)

Tell about how you spent your Saturdays during the school year.
On Saturday, I would play with the neighbor "kids."  I had a miniature golf course.  Also I would play with our dog and cats.

Tell about how you spent your Sundays.
I would go to Sunday school and church in the morning and evening service.  In the afternoon I would visit with friends or just relax.

What was the naughtiest or meanest thing you remember doing in school?
I can't think of any mean thing that I did, but I'm sure there were some pranks I did to my schoolmates.

What were the consequences?
The consequences were to stay in the school building and would not get to go out and play at recess.

What was your favorite radio program?
My favorite radio program was called "Gang Busters."  It was sort of a police story.

What was your favorite movie as a youth?  Why?
When I was a youth I didn't go to movies.  My parents didn't approve of movies.

Did kids ever tease you?  About what?
I can't remember if the kids did tease me, but my older brother would tease me about girls.

Tell of a difficult school essay or term paper assignment.
We didn't have school essays or term paper assignments in our country school.  We did have tests on different subjects.  Like English, history, math, geography, hijegen spelling, hygiene, reading.
:)

Tell about your first smoke.
I am glad to say that I didn't smoke at all at any time.
Does anyone else get the feeling he thinks he's going to run for President someday or something?

Do you remember your first pizza?
I have yet to taste my first pizza.  I am now 78 years old.

Did people wear green on St. Patrick's Day?
When I was a youth I don't recall people wearing green.

Do you have any other memories of St. Patrick's Day as a youth?
When I was a youth I don't have any memories of St. Patrick's Day.

If you ever hitch-hiked, explain.
Yes I did hitch-hike.  (Finally!) :) When I was in the service during World War II I would hitch-hike quite often to my home and family in Wichita, KS and to my parents' home in Essex, Iowa.

What do you remember as your favorite time of year?  Why?
I remember two favorite times of the year.  Christmas and the 4th of July.  At Christmas we celebrated Christ's Birth.  And at the 4th of July, because of the Independence of our Great Nation.  At Christmas we gave and received gifts.  At 4th of July we had church and S.S. picnic, also had fireworks.

Describe some household chores you had as a child.
Keep the corn cob basket full of corn cobs for the cooking range or stove.  Carry wood from the woodpile into the wood shed for the heating stove in the winter.  Also carry water into the kitchen for drinking and cooking.

Describe some outside chores.
The outside chores were to mow the lawn in the summer and also shovel snow in the winter.  Feed and care for the cows and horses, feed chickens, take care of our dog and cats.

Which chore did you dislike the most?
To shovel snow in the winter I disliked the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment