Friday, May 21, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 24

Do you remember celebrating any special wedding anniversaries of your parents or grandparents?
Yes I remember celebrating my folks' 25th wedding anniversary in 1934 and my folks' golden 50th in 1959.

Do you have any knowledge of the origins of your family name?
My family, I am talking about my Grandparents, came from Sweden.  As far as the origin of their names I don't know.

Is there anything else that you would like me to know about your childhood?
All I can say is that my childhood was the very best.  My folks and brothers and sister were great.

What special memories do you have of New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?
The one memory of New Years Eve was that when I was growing up our family was invited to our neighbors' house for the evening meal.  And we stayed there until the New Year began.  We kids thought that was great.

Kerri - Thank you so much for this book.  It brought back many memories.

Grandpa's parents' wedding anniversary

Grandpa, Grandma, and their children Rick, Don, Janet, and Ken - 1959


Great-Grandma, Ken, Great-Grandpa, Rick - 1958


Grandpa and Grandma and their kids and grandkids - early 80's



A few more added to the brood...

So much for doing this in chronological order...



Brad and Kerri rockin' the 70's with Great-Grandma!



No story about Grandpa is complete without Grandma...


We could have a caption contest for Sherrie in this one...
"How do you turn this TV on?"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment