Thursday, May 20, 2010

Celebration of a life - part 19

NOTE: I added more pics on older posts.

Who was the best teacher you ever had?
Ruth Abbot was my eighth grade teacher and she was the best teacher I had because she helped with math which was hard for me.

What made that teacher good?
Miss Abbot also help(ed) me in many other ways. After I took my eighth grade exam and I showed her my report card that I had passed she was very happy for me.

What was your favorite sport to participate in or watch?
As far as watching sports that was when after Mother and I would watch our children play football, baseball, and softball. When they were in different schools. This answer is aside from the question, but I thought you might enjoy this what I wrote.



Grandpa's children - Janet, Don, Rick, Ken.  I still have one of dad's (Ken's) softball jerseys - like Grandpa like Granddaughter, I guess.

Did you ever have a good friend who did something mean to you?
I had a good friend but I don't remember if he done anything mean to me.

Do you remember a school custodian?
Our grade school custodian was our teacher.

Tell about your school lunches.  Did you have a lunch box?  What did you eat?
We had lunch box(es) for our lunch the first 5 years.  We had sandwiches, small goodies in our lunch boxes.  Then the last 3 years we lived close to school, so we went home for our noon lunches.

Did you ever have a crush on a teacher?
No I never had a crush on a teacher.

Do you  have any special memories about raking and burning leaves, or mowing the lawn?
I don't remember much about raking or burning leaves but I sure do remember about mowing the lawn because we didn't have a power mower.  We just had push mowers.  We would tie a rope on the mower and my brother would pull the rope and I would push the mower, which made it better to mow.

What allowance did you get?
Where we lived on the farm we didn't get an allowance, but we got spending money when we went to town.  We had chores to do on the farm.

Did you have to earn it?
We kind of earned our spending money working on the farm.  We had small jobs, that is the best way I can explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment